Hostgroup Monthly Network Centile¶
This report provides statistics on inbound and outbound traffic by interface in terms of average and percentile values. This report applies only to one month.
How to interpret the report
The first page displays three types of information:
- Two graphs representing the 10 interfaces having the maximum centile for inbound and outbound traffic
- 10 interface having the maximum average inbound traffic in percentage
- 10 interface having the maximum average outbound traffic in percentage.
On the following page(s), all interfaces are listed, sorted by host and service name, each with corresponding inbound and outbound traffic statistics.
Parameters required for the reports:
- A start date corresponding to the month for generating the report (corresponding to the start date on the Centreon MBI interface).
- The following Centreon objects:
|Host groups||Dropdown list||Select host group.|
|Host Categories||Multi select||Select host categories.|
|Traffic service categories||Dropdown list||Select service category.|
|Time period for average usage||Dropdown list||Specify low threshold of bandwidth usage.|
|Centile/Time period||Dropdown list||Specify combination for centile statistics.|
|Inbound traffic metric||Dropdown list||Specify metric name of inbound traffic.|
|Outbound traffic metric||Dropdown list||Specify metric name of outbound traffic.|
Percentile should be correctly configured in the General Options > ETL tab menu.
For consistency in graphs and statistics, certain prerequisites apply to performance data returned by the storage plugins. This data must be formatted as follows, preceded by a pipe (|):
output-plugin | traffic_in=valueunit;warning_treshold;critical_treshold;minimum;maximum traffic_out=value
Make sure the plugins return the maximum value, which is required in order to calculate statistics. The storage plugins must return one metric for traffic in and one for traffic out. Units must be in Bits/sec.