Version 2.2.0 (Sep. 15)¶
- Sep, 22 2015
- Virtualization : ESX report based on the plugin pack “Virt-VMWare2-ESX” and the connector Centreon-VMWare version 2.0 or greater which enables you to follow the main indicators deployed through the plugin pack:
- Datasotre usage
- IOPS on datastores
- Powered on and powered off virtual machines
- CPU and Memory usage on hosts
- Electricity consumption of equipments plugged into a UPS and their costs
- Applications availability listing report
- Application events list
- Inventory report displaying hosts and templates configuration
- Inventory report displaying services and templates configuration
- Diagnostic reports
- Calendar report displaying the daily availability of hosts by time periods
- Calendar report displaying the daily availability of services by time periods
- Calendar report displaying the average and maximum reachable value by metric
Interface & reports scheduling
- Interactive viewer & report parameter : Data displayed on the parameters of the inetractive viewer and on the tab “Report paramater” are now filtred: only data present on the datawarehouse are displayed. The interest is to make the configuration easier and not display groups and categories that don’t contain data.
- A new tab appeared in General Option named “Report parameter”. It permits to update the ACL resources and view the reporting dimensions available for a selected user.
- A new button “Reschedule cyclic jobs” appeared on the job form which permits to reschedule all cyclic jobs.
- It’s now possible to publish report on Dropbox
- A new hosts category “NoCategory” which contains all hosts not linked to any host category. This category is viewed by default by all administrator accounts: An admin who recentrly installed Centreon MBI can generate reports even if host categories aren’t used yet.
- Continued compatibility with Microsoft Office for possible export in xlsx, pptx, docx.
- The the configuration of SMTP publication rules have been simplified to facilitate their understanding and configuration
- The new Centreon MBI logo is now available and can be selected during a job configuration.
ETL : data consolidation & statistics calculation
- The time needed to compute availability and events have been significantly reduced and optimized.
- Now it’s possible to use custom ports for MySQL
- The relation between host categories and host templates is now managed
- It’s possible to follow the progress of events calculation and the speed average. This option is available when debug the mode is activated and through the file ‘/var/log/centreon-bi/etl-stats.log’
- The purge is not available also for deprecated combinaisons, which are no longer linked to data on the data warehouse.
- Impovement on data warehouse monitoring plugin
- New chapter “How to start using Centreon MBI” : this chapter can be accessed after the installation in order to lean how to generate your first report with Centreon MBI or in any other moment cause it discribes also how you can check if Centreon MBI plateform is operational.
Improvements on existing reports
- All BAM reports can now be generated on a custom reporting period
- The trend system N vs N - 1 has been impoved for all reports and the new behavior is as follows :
- If the reporting period is one full month (from the first to the last day of the month), the N-1 period is the full month before. Example: A report generated from February 1st to 28th will give a N-1 period from January 1st to 31st
- If the reporting period is different than a full month, the period N - 1 corresponds of the number of days before. Example: A report generated from March 1st to 15th will give a N - 1 period from February 14th to 28th.
- Events listing reports: A new option is now available which permits to show the login of the user who acknowledged the event, and the comment written.
- BA-Availabilities-1 :
- The default reporting period is displayed for each detailed application page
- A new radio button to show / hide the detail events table on each application.
- Hostgroup-traffic-average-usage-by-interface :
- On the first two graphs, if the interface contains more than 40 characters, only the first 40 with ‘..’ are displayed.
- On the two first graphs, inetrfaces are sorted by alphabetic order.
- The orientation of the first page has been changed for improve graphics display when there are many interfaces
- Hostgroup-incidents-résolution-2 :
- The report has been impoved is case of no alerts detected during the reporting period.
- If warning SLAs are not used, it’s possible to configure the report in order to display only critical SLAs
- Hostgroups-Incidents-1 : a better display of radar repartition
- The centreon_status database, specific to NDO is no longer present in the connexion files and no longer available as a data source on Centreon MBI libraries.
- Hostgroups-Incidents-1 : Consistency between bars on evolution graphics
- Hostgroup-availability-2 : Consistency between bars on evolution graphics
- Minor fixes ( text ) on the following reports:
|BIRT (only for reports dev.)||3.7.2|
To capitalize on the application availability reporting
|Centreon BAM||>= 3.0.0|
|Centreon Broker||>= 2.8.0|