Displayed procedure: template and overload¶
To avoid too much workload on the procedure deployment, the module allows administrator to setup a single procedure for hosts/services. So a procedure can be specified for a given host/service but can be specified as well for a host/service template. If a procedure is defined at template level, all children of the template will have the procedure attached as well unless overloaded by a specific one. The mechanism is identical to template system in Centreon with inheritance.
Centreon Knowledge Base module is designed to:
- avoid to input or update several times the same procedure in the knowledge base
- be close to Centreon template system with inheritance, overload for quick deployment and maintenance
When a user clicks on a host procedure:
- if a specific procedure is defined for this host, its wiki page is displayed
- if no specific procedure is defined bu the host template has a procedure, the host template wiki page is displayed
- if host template has no procedure defined, parents template will be checked for a defined procedure
- finally if no procedure is defined in the template tree, a message will warn that there is no procedure defined for this host
When a user click on a service procedure:
- if a specific procedure is defined for this host, its wiki page is displayed.
- if no specific procedure is defined but the host template, the service template wiki pasge is displayed
- if the service template has no procedure defined, parents template will be checked for a defined procedure
- if no procedure is defined is the template tree, then the module will check if any procedure is defined for the host attached to the service as previously describes