Backup of Centreon MAP server¶
The saved items are:
- Saving configuration files (/etc/centreon-studio)
- Saving database centreon_studio
How it works ?¶
The backup script is executed on a daily basis (2AM) with a cron job located in /etc/cron.d/centreon-map-server-backup:
# # Cron to backup Centreon MAP server # PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin # rewrite file with new cron line CRONTAB_EXEC_USER="" 0 2 * * * root bash /usr/share/centreon-map-server/cron/centreon-map-server-backup.sh >> /var/log/centreon-map-server/centreon-map-server-backup.log 2>&1
The backup centreon-map-server-yyyy-mm-dd.tar.gz is stored in BACKUP_DIR, which is defined in configuration file.
Backup parameters are stored in /etc/centreon-studio/backup.conf
- ENABLE: enable/disable backup mechanism (default value: 0)
- BACKUP_DIR: where the backup is stored (default value: /var/backup)
- RETENTION_AGE: backup retention in days (default value: 8)
We advise to export backups to another resource in order to secure them.