Add a user¶
A Centreon user is both a contact who can be notified of an alert of a host or service and someone who can connect to the Centreon web interface.
First connect to your Centreon web interface with an administrator account or an account which allow to manage monitored object.
Go to the Configuration > Users > Contacts / Users menu and click on Add button:
You access to a form to define your information but don’t worry all fields are not necessary!
The form is divided into several sections:
- The first part to set notifications options for events of hosts and services
- A second part to define the credentials to access to the Centreon web interface
- A final section to set additional options
On the first tab General Information define:
- your Alias, use as a login to connect to Centreon web interface
- your Full Name
- your Email address
To receive notifications you have to fill some parameters:
- Enable Notifications allows to receive notification
- for Host Notification Options field select the status that you want to receive, for example: Down, Recovery, Flapping, Downtime Scheduled
- for Host Notification Period select the time slot during which you’ll receive notifications, for example: 24x7
- for Host Notification Commands select how you will be notified, for example: host-notify-by-email
- for Service Notification Options field select the status that you want to receive, for example: Warning, Unknown, Critical, Recovery, Flapping, Downtime Scheduled
- for Service Notification Period select the time slot during which you’ll receive notifications, for example: 24x7
- for Service Notification Commands select how you will be notified, for example: service-notify-by-email
Access to Centreon web interface¶
To connect to Centreon web interface you have to fill information:
- Reach Centreon Front-end allows to connect to web interface
- define your Password and Confirm Password
- define your Timezone / Location
- define if you are Admin (full access to all menus and options in Centreon web interface) or not
Save the modification by clicking on Save button.
Depending on the configuration you made your account is ready to receive notification and/or connect to the Centreon web interface.