Deploy a host from a template¶
In a previous quick start you added a new host using the generic-host template. This template provides a predefined minimum configuration to define a host.
But the templates of host in Centreon web offer more than just a pre definition of values. In Centreon web you can link templates of service to template of host. With this process you can deploy easily a new host and their service in one time.
In this example we will use a template of host provided by Centreon plugin packs to monitor a Linux server. This template of host allows to deploy the following services:
First connect to your Centreon web interface with an administrator account or an account which allow to manage monitored object.
Go to the Configuration > Hosts > Hosts menu and click on Add button:
You access to a form to define your equipment to monitor. To start to monitor your equipment set:
- The name of object in Host Name entry field
- Describe your object in Alias entry field
- Set the IP address of DNS in IP Address / DNS entry field
- Click on + Add a new entry button and select OS-Linux-SNMP
- Click on Yes button for Create Services linked to the Template too field
Save the modification by clicking on Save button.
The host is now defined in Centreon web interface but the monitoring engine doesn’t monitor it!
You can see result in Monitoring > Status Details > Hosts menu: